Friday, February 27, 2009

Final Farewell

This morning I returned to the impound to clean out my Jeep. I am told that it is being towed to the crusher today. As I stood before the heap of mangled steel with camera in hand my thoughts went to the numerous times in scripture when God's people built an altar unto to Lord after a season of testing or blessing as a remembrance.

From this day forward when I think of my first Wrangler I will refer to it as "Jireh Jeep." When the word "Jehovah" is attached to "Jireh" in the Bible it means "the Lord who provides." Truly the Lord is my provider-my sufficiency.

Lisa and Adrian experienced many fun times in "big green" over the past 21 months. But, more importantly, we both have discovered deeper intimacy with Jesus and with one another as a result of the crash. I did not realize I could have deeper feelings and appreciation for the love of my life until I almost lost her last week. I also sense that I would not have experienced a greater level of intimacy and appreciation for Christ without last week's crash.

I aggree with the Apostle Paul, "All things work for the good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose" - Romans 8:28 Farewell Jeep. Hello JESUS! What's our next adventure?

Thanks for stopping by...
------
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment