Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grateful

I have really enjoyed owning a Jeep. It is the next best thing to riding my motorcycle for the “open air” feel. Lisa and I have had a lot of good times striping off the top and doors and running through the mountains of North Carolina or the valleys of eastern Ohio.

Unfortunately today around 1 PM my 07 Wrangler was totaled and is headed for the junk yard. My wife Lisa was the first in a 30 car pile up on I- 480 near Twinsburg, Ohio. She was traveling to Salem, Ohio to visit with her parents at the time. When she slowed “Big Green” to navigate through "white-out" conditions and icy roads the cars and semis behind her could not. She was hit and spun around by multiple vehicles, was pinned in the Jeep for over 45 minutes, and eventually rescued by firemen through the roof! (Not bad for a woman who just found out she is going to be a grandma in September!)

We praise the Lord she was able to climb out of the vehicle and walked away with only a few minor bruises. We returned home from getting her checked out at the hospital with a bag of pain pills in hand just in time to see pictures of the Jeep on Fox 8 news. Unfortunately, several other drivers were seriously injured in the crash.

Tonight I give thanks to my God with a grateful heart. Life is fragile and each day we must submit ourselves into His care and keeping. My merciful Heavenly Father saved me from the destruction of my sin many years ago and today saved my precious wife from serious physical harm. He is my God and with great honor I choose to be His humble servant forever.

Thanks for stopping by!
---------
Adrian

3 comments: