Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Real Time

Yesterday I shared thoughts on adversity from the life experience of Habakkuk. I wonder how you would paraphrase his passage based upon your current events?

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flocks may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls; yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, He will make my feet like the deer’s feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills.”

Here is my rendition:
Though the economy is in the tank, and it seems hard to save a dime; though our 401k is now 201b, and the cost of living is trending up while our wages in decline; though the Jeep is now gone and the Kawasaki is in need of repair; yet I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. He has given me a dear wife, three wonderful sons, a gorgeous “pregnant” daughter-in-law (wahoo!) and four parents who are still alive! Jesus Christ is my sufficiency. He will provide my every need and I will exalt His name forever.

What say you?

Thanks for stopping by!
--------
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment