Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My 360 Evaluation

I had around thirty people participate in my annual review this year. It was great! I would like to thank each one personally for their comments however their names are kept in confidence by our Spiritual Life Elder. My evaluation revealed some keys areas which I can improve on this next year. Here are some of my goals based upon this year's 360 review.

One area I need to address is communication. The review shows I need to have better communication at the staff, elder and congregational levels of Willoughby Hills Friends Church. To this end I plan to incorporate the following:

Staff: Include more discussion at staff meetings regarding the elder’s activities. Also, I will send out a weekly email update for staff to in an attempt to keep our leaders better informed.

Elders: The office will email the elders and staff weekly updates of the hospital list and other urgent information.

Congregation: I will blog information specific to my role for the congregation to read and respond to weekly.

Another area of concern that I need to address from my evaluation is to present a friendlier and more out going demeanor to others. From now on I will make myself less accessible to the Care Team to greet our first time guests and make a concerted effort to engage the general population before and after key service times and activities. I ask that leaders respect my need to interact with people on Sundays and contact me during the week to discuss non emergency concerns, etc.

In addition, I will begin dressing down on Sunday nights. Rather than wearing a suit I will dress more casual hopefully to give others greater feelings of warmth and friendliness towards me. Please feel free to approach me with others suggestions on how I can improve in this area.

A third area of concern for the review is for better long range planning for the staff and church. Currently our staff is submitting annual goals and monthly objectives for planning, measurement and accountability purposes. However, to increase the effectiveness of our overall ministry I will need for Commissions to begin doing the same. Over the next few months each Commission will need to begin the discipline of developing annual goals and submitting monthly objectives to Administrative Council.

Also, throughout the remainder of 2009 I will spearhead the development of a "Three Year Plan" for the church. I will need full Administrative Council’s participation in this project as well. My goal is to have our Three Year Plan ready to present to the Congregation next January.

I look forward to your feedback and suggestions....

Thanks for stopping by!
------
Adrian

5 comments:

  1. All that and not a word about chicken!
    I really enjoyed the part about you being "friendlier", what a hoot!
    I for one have always had "warm feelings" for ya, Brother!
    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to do this anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful how far you go in dressing down!
    Your just a big teddy bear.
    LOL Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My life is once again at a point where Jesus is engineering a set of choices.
    I read a book while sitting in the sun in Florida last weekend about Oswald Chambers.
    Share his beliefs or not, no one can question his absolute surrender and subsequent dependence on Jesus. Truly humbling. I want that for my life yet........
    I'm tired of the "yets and buts", the human concerns and fleshly doubts and hesitancy.
    I only find peace in Him.
    More later.
    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You want to wear a suit - save him!

    ReplyDelete