Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Revival-Part 2

"Behold, I am doing a new thing, now it shall come forth; shall you not know it?" (Isaiah 43:19)

In the context surrounding this verse God is telling His people they should not live in the past as though the only deliverance He could produce was from Egypt. That He is more resourceful than what was demonstrated through the ministry of Moses. God is also pointing out that He is not like the idols worshipped by the surrounding nations, locked in to doing the same thing over and over again. No, God is telling His people that His resources are infinite and that He can/will deliver them in new ways. NICE!

I not only find encouragement through the resourcefulness which God alludes to in this passage but also through His use of the words "Behold" and "Now." The words remind me/us that "revival" (mighty acts of God) are sudden. Some things in the church grow gently, progressive, in a "step by step" manner. Not revival...it happens suddenly! What would a spontaneous act of revival look like to you? What would you expect to see if God preformed a "mighty act" in your church?

Often times the "mighty acts of God" occurred in the Bible when people were backed again the wall with no human means of deliverance. Then "suddenly" God manifest His power, revealed His presence and delivered His people. Do you feel like we are "up against the wall" in our church? What are the things we cannot do for ourselves at this time?

As we approach this weekend of special services with evangelist Gary Wright I ask for you to consider three things: One, pray for God to perform a "mighty act" in our midst this coming weekend. Two, expect God to bring spontaneous revival upon WHFC. Three, as an act of consecration to Jesus attend all of the services: Saturday night, Sunday morning and evening.

"Behold" and "Now" ... NICE!

Thanks for stopping by!
------
Adrian

4 comments:

  1. Revival or attending all three services?:@)

    Do we truly want God to "revive"? To bring back something. Or is the problem that we want "revival" and He desires to take us into the unknown. Is He reviving or re-modeling?
    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gideon has come and gone. He showed Himself again, as He does every year.
    Torn, I am.
    Clearly I behaved in a way that left much to be desired, saying words that needed not to be said and yet, for me, intimacy between my brothers deepened.
    He changed me and now I have a fresh light to walk in.
    Thank you, my brothers for the love shown to me this past weekend. Forgive my words if they weren't encouraging for they came from my frustration of myself. My humanness got the better of my tongue, voicing doubts of my faith and my inability to properly share what goes on inside my heart.
    I love you all.
    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narrow,
    It sounds like revival has come to you... Such open transperancy is nothing less than a mighty act of God. COOL! I am bless to have you as my friend...

    Heavenly Father rain down upon us through Your Holy Spirit. Reign in us through Jesus Christ. Center us in His love. Perfect us for Your glory and bind us together in unity so the world will know that Jesus came to earth.
    ----
    Amen

    ReplyDelete