Friday, March 20, 2009

Revival - Part 5

Jesus said, "Well done, good and faithful servant. You were faithful... enter into the joy of your master" (Matthew 25:23)

I doubt we will experience a mighty act of God without faith. What is faith? Hebrews 11:1 says that "Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen." In many ways we are backed against a wall and need a move of God. Yes, faith then would be seeing in our minds and believing in our hearts for God's deliverance through a mighty act.

But Jesus takes "faith" a step further. He connects "faith" with "joy" and "rest" in the passage above. In John 15 Jesus also said, These things I have done and spoken to you so that your joy may be full. Possibly then the faith we should demonstrate at this time is contentment (rest) and joy. As we center in Christ we have singleness of vision and passion. He is our heart's desire. The natural outcropping of this is joy (Galatians 5:22-23).

Tomorrow evening our weekend of renewal services begin. Until then let's demonstrate our faith by confessing our contentment and centeredness in Christ and joyfully express the realization of our heart's desire. Today we find ourselves in an interesting position, don't we? In some ways we are in a tight spot... backs against the wall, and in need of a mighty act of God. And yet, we have all we need in Christ Jesus. COOL!

Heavenly Father,
You have met all of my needs through Your glorious riches in Christ Jesus. My cup is full and running over. The desire of my heart is Jesus. I will place my trust in our relationship and celebrate that I am with I AM. In Jesus' name. Amen

Thanks for stopping by!
------
Adrian

1 comment:

  1. And there you have it! Ask but dont ask.
    How stimulating.

    ReplyDelete