Monday, March 23, 2009

Success

It's 3:30 AM and I am writing this blog ... how crazy is that? Actually I get up early most mornings and study however this morning I felt like blogging. The topic on my mind is success.

The question I posed at the Men's Fight Club on Saturday was "How do you define success in your Christian life?" The men seemed to responded well to this question and we had lively conversation while eating ham and eggs and sipping hot coffee in the Church Cafe... NICE! I love the Fight Club!

I would like to expand conversation on the question presented to the men on Saturday through this venue over the next few days. However, today I would like for us to consider the topic of "success" in terms of the renewal services we held at church this weekend. Specifically, "Would God consider them to be successful?"

Does God count "nickels and noses" like many church leaders do? If more than average numbers of people show up and the evangelist receives a good offering is that success to God? Does He measure success by the number of people who respond to a public call from an evangelist to raise their hand or who step forward to an altar? Or could success in God's mind be the simple fact that we did it? That we set aside time out of the normal routine of life to focus on Him and to collectively, corporately seek a deepening of relationship with Him, manifestation of His power, and a visitation of His glory?

What are your thoughts? How do you think God measures the success of renewal services? More importantly, do you feel like the services were beneficial to/for you? Thanks for stopping by!
------
Adrian

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure God measures our success or failure.
    If this weekend wasn't a success, was it a failure? How does one quantify such a judgement.
    Personally I found the 9am service to be "canned", a performance.
    IMHO.

    Does anyone else read this thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think God would be pleased if only one person drew closer to the lord. I know personally the revival service came at the right time "Gods time" in my life and resulted in a total recommitment to spiritual holiness and walk with Christ. I don't know about God but for me it was a success. PTL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narrow and Annonymous,
    I appreciate your comments and have points of agreement with both of you. Narrow, what does IMHO mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In My Honest Opionion....IMHO

    ReplyDelete