Saturday, April 4, 2009

Membership - Conclusion

For me this has been a great week of dialogue on the subject of church membership. As I stated in my first posting for the week it is my desire for more participation among our attendees in the decision making process of the church. I hope over the next several months our Spiritual Life Commission, elders and staff will continue to discern what is in the best interest of our fellowship regarding this matter. We have certainly provided them a lot of fodder to chew on through the blog.

I would like to thank those of you who participated in this discussion. I value your opinion on matters such as this. The older I become the more I appreciate the truth that rings forth from the old Quaker saying that "Friends do not go where Friends do not go together." As a body we must move together on important decisions and constantly assessing our practices for relevance and effectiveness. Through discernment of the Holy Spirit, open dialogue, and consensus we can get to where God wants us to be and continually stay there.

I am excited for Willoughby Hills Friends Church. God is uniting us through His love and purpose. We have spirit filled leaders who believe that God still speaks to His people today and they are bent on hearing and obeying His voice. I am encouraged to hear from this week's discussion that you want to include and not exclude people in the body life our church while still maintaining doctrinal integrity and the heritage of our testimonies. SWEET!

Heavenly Father,
We your humble servants at WHFC want to glorify You in every way. We consecrate our lives and church to You. Lead us we pray. May our joy be found in serving our fellow man and through the kindred spirits with have with one another. Please give our leadership discernment regarding our membership procedure. And Lord, as in other matters, we will patiently, prayerful, humbly wait Your leading and direction.

In Jesus' name, Amen

Thanks for stopping by!
--------
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment