Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bizarre Bazaar?






Bazaar is the name of this bridge. It is the first of several cattle bridges over the Kansas turnpike (I-35). From Kansas City to Wichita there is nothing but lush green prairies with cattle grazing in the beautiful Flint Hills for as far as the eye can see in this region of Kansas. Last Fall when I traveled to Barclay College via motorcycle the ranchers had cattle in the pen and were in the process of moving them from one side of I-35 to the other.

Kansans must take their cattle raising seriously because Bazaar would not have been a cheap bridge to build. It is a concrete structure that appears to be wide enough for automobiles to cross three or four abreast. But there is no road. Just green grass on either side of Bazaar with these elaborate pens which are used to stage the cattle.

To me the Bazaar Cattle Bridge seems to be a bit "bizarre." But then again, I think in the context of an Ohioan. In a Kansas economy it probably makes good sense to have such a crossing out in the middle of the prairie.

Context means everything. The Bible says "that in the fullness of time" or "at just the right time" God sent forth Jesus into the world. God's timing and provision is perfect. As I look back on the twists and turns of my existence I see where this plays out time and time again. Bizarre isn't it? Naw, it's just a God thing. :-)

Thanks for stopping by!
------
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment