Friday, May 8, 2009

God's provision

My God shall supply all of my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

I thought of this verse while visiting with Pastor Ben Staley in Wichita Kansas. After leaving Barclay College last Tuesday Lisa and I met up with Ben and his wife Denise in Wichita. Ben now pastors Northridge Friends Church and was my pastor in high school at Salem First Friends. I wonder where I would be today had I not met Ben?

I received a call to the ministry at a young age but did not follow Christ through most of my high school years. However in my senior year I refocused and recommitted my life to Christ. Unfortunately academics had not been a priority and I could not gain admission into a Christian college. When Ben heard of my dilemma he drove me out to his Alma mater and introduced me to the right people. After telling my story to the dean of admission I was granted permission to attend fall classes at Fort Wayne Bible College under academic probation.

Ben could have easily overlooked me at that time. I was not a saint in youth group and he was saddled with a large church who was grieving over the sudden death of their 56 year old senior pastor. He had every reason to overlook a troubled teen from Leetonia, Ohio and everyone would have understood.

I thank God He placed me in Ben's radar screen some 30 years ago and I appreciated the opportunity to meet up with him after so many years to say "thank you." Ben was one of the ways that my God has supplied all on my needs through His glorious riches in Christ Jesus down through the years. What a great God He is. I will always love and serve Him.

Thanks for stopping by!

------
Adrian

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Adrian for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. We need more people to share moments in their life such as this.

    ReplyDelete