Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." -- Jewish proverb

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." -- Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington (1732-1799)

"By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh (1907- )

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." -- Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)

"Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." --Author Unknown

--------
This year I four mothers in my life to give thanks for. My mom, my mother-in-law, my dear wife Lisa, and my pregnant daughter-in-law Elaina. NICE!

Thank you Heavenly Father for each of these women You have placed in my life. You have used them to encourage and bless me in so many ways. May they enjoy their relationship with You this day and feel honored to a child of the King.

------
Adrian

1 comment:

  1. My mother, after 25 years of being separated from my dad, was finally in the same room with him this weekend. We were at Stephanie's graduation at Malone and my mom and dad were both there as 50+ year alumni. They actually spoke to each other and we all had lunch together. Needless to say I was happy as they have not been able to be together since their divorce. I then put my mom on a plane for Tucson Arizona where she will be staying with my recently widowed mother in law for the next two weeks. It was a great Mother's Day weekend for me!

    ReplyDelete