Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Unless the Lord builds the house they who build it labor in vain"

There are many interesting sites to see in Kansas. Across from the Big Well memorial is a silo home under construction. I wish my pictures would have turned out so you could see it. It looks like a three story high concrete bunker with windows. The weekend we visited Greensburg the builder dropped a mid size car on top of it twice to prove its strength and storm resilience. INTERESTING!


(Big Well memorial)

Can a home be constructed to withstand an EF-5+ tornado? I have no idea but what the residents of Greensburg said was that most of the damage was from items (cars, tractors, trees, etc) being hurled through the air by 225+ mph winds. I think the builder could have better proven the durability of the "silo house" by crashing his pick up truck into it at 100+ mph. Oh well, what do I know about tornadoes and silos ... I'm just a hoe handle from Ohio.

This I do know however ... A life that is not grounded in Jesus Christ has no security and is destined to fail. As the Ole hymn states, "on Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand." Jesus Christ is the only bunker that can weather the storms of life and provide safe haven from the damnation of sin. Have you surrendered your life to Him yet?



Silo homes seem to be quite popular in Kansas these days. Many are taking old silos and converting them into living space. I wish we could have seen inside this one. It looks really cool. This particular home is located in Pittsburg, Kansas. Imagine that ... we drove west 1200 miles and were still haunted by the Pittsburgh Squealers! I assume there is a Cleveland, Kansas as well ... I wonder why it is not the capital of the state? (ha)

Thanks for stopping by!
------
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment