Monday, December 14, 2009

Practicing Discernment # 2

Psalm 139:7,12 makes it clear that God's presence is unquestionable in life. The Psalmist writes, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? ... nothing can hide You from me ..."

God is accessible 24/7 and one of the greatest joys in life is learning to practice the presence of Christ in the midst of our agenda and distractions, daily clamor and human desires that jockey for our attention each day. We must be committed to creating space and inviting Christ into our lives.

"To settle into a holy awareness of God's presence does not requires us to quit doing what we are doing, but to discipline ourselves to focus on God in the midst of our daily living and working. While it may require intentionality to practice living fully in the presence of God, it is also very natural ... very similar to being in love.

When we are in love, we are constantly aware of our beloved, regardless of what we are doing or where we are. We have tuned in to the opinions, moods, wants and needs of that special one. We have a natural consciousness of him or her that rises from the heart of love and delight. And so it is with our relationship with Christ. It is not hard to be aware of someone that adores us. It is not difficult to want to know what our beloved is thinking and feeling. It isn't a chore to share our life with Jesus who is totally wonderful." (Practicing Discernment, pg. 28)

Heavenly Father,
Jesus Christ is centered in my heart this day and I choose to be singleness in vision and purpose. To see only my Savior and how He may present Himself through the needs of others this day. I lay at the feet of Jesus my will for it is Christ who lives in and through me. Together we will work my job, engage the circumstances of life, and continue to grow the man according to Your glory and good pleasure.

Love, Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment